Tidaholm municipality requested a fresh, remote-accessible intranet for their 1,700 employees with easy access to text-based information and other types of media, while simplifying communication between employees within the entire organization regardless of unit.
– Our previous intranet was not responsive, and could only be used on a computer – not on a mobile phone. This was a big problem since many of our employees only have access to a common computer within work teams, says Miranda Bergsten who is communications strategist at Tidaholm municipality.
The new intranet is a organic starting point – for all employees
– The challenge was to provide systems and templates for the new intranet based on the requirement specification. This included permissions, user data and individual adaptations depending on organizational affiliation would be controlled by Active Directory (AD). An important criterion was to implement a solution that was easy to use for both editors and users, says Henrik Jacobsson, Business Area Manager for Modern Workplace at Consid.
We proposed a solution with standard features in Microsoft 365 for efficient and easy implementation and use. The intranet is thus made available in browsers, Teams and via standard mobile apps.
– A challenge was to only use standard components while creating a user-friendly, stylish, and efficient intranet. We based our solution for Tidaholm municipality on our knowledge of how and when standard components are used in an efficient way, to create a solid structure for an intranet in Microsoft 365, says Henrik Jacobsson, involved in building the intranet solution.
Tailor-made solution based on a proven system
The intranet was implemented in Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online, creating an attainable intranet for Tidaholm, which is not locked to any single supplier in addition to the platform.
– The advantage of developing the intranet with Consid was how we could implement our ideas and how Consid supplemented us with their extensive experience from similar projects. Together, we have developed a solution that is customized for us, while our solution is based on a proven system and solutions which we are confident in, says Miranda Bergsten who is communications strategist at Tidaholm municipality.
Consid has successfully met Tidaholm municipality’s requirements and expectations by creating a user-friendly, well-liked, and effective intranet for employee communication.
– We had outgrown our old intranet with a too much information of unclear topicality. It became a great task to clean up data and find new workflows, allowing us to control the regular maintenance of information. Today, we have an up-to-date intranet where the search function is effective. With the help of Consid, we also put our final additions to a solution, meaning, those responsible for each page receives a reminder when a page has not been updated, says Miranda Bergsten.
“Significantly more people have easy access to the intranet”
The intranet can now be accessed by all employees regardless of whether the user is connected on a computer or mobile. The intranet is also part of Microsoft Teams.
– It has been an exciting project from start to finish. Our solution was outdated and everyone in the organization was positive about a fresh start. Now we have a responsive solution that works well on mobile, which means that significantly more people have easy access to the intranet, says Miranda Bergsten.
The implementation is complete and has moved into a management phase where Consid continues to support Tidaholm municipality with advice and support. Yet, the municipality’s employees can now manage the predominant part of the intranet on their own on a platform which can be developed further with simple means based on the needs of their business.